Wednesday, April 14, 2010

We are the Sprocket Holes vol. 135

French Theatrical Trailer For Gaspar Noe's ENTER THE VOID

by Todd Brown, April 14, 2010 1:58 PM


Gaspar Noe's Enter the Void is, without a doubt, the most divisive film of the past year here at Twitch. Kurt absolutely adores it and declared it the film of the year. I find it wildly self indulgent and ripped on it when I saw it in Sitges - a review that actually led to one of my absolute favorite film maker interactions ever, with Noe sending me a message to ask if he'd raped my mother and that's why I hated his film so much.

But as frustrating as I find this film I'll also be first to say that Noe is an enormous talent - one of the reasons I got so frustrated, untalented people never provoke strong reactions - and any film that provokes such sharply divided opinion has got to have something going on.

Audiences in France are about to find out what. The film releases there soon and so there is now a French theatrical trailer. To my eyes this is by far the best of the trailers and clips to release from the film so far, the best both in terms of how its cut together as a distinct entity and in how it presents the content of the film. The most extreme stuff is absent from the trailer but there's enough in there that it'd definitely be a red bander here in North America, so I've dropped it behind the age gate. Check it out below.


1 comment:

Aaron said...

I can not wait to see this. A couple of buddies of mine saw it at TIFF and had nothing but amazing things to say about it. They're convinced that this is a movie that will revolutionize cinema as we know it. Whatever the case, Noe is truly one of the most innovative and game-changing filmmakers out there.